Christmas Eve at the Grimsley



Hi everybody! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you are still enjoying all those left overs. :) Not wanting to add to our misery of full bellies but I hope it's not to early to share the menu for our Christmas Eve get together. Christmas Eve is on Friday. Is 6:00 P.M. to early to start, or would 7:00 P.M. be better? Let me know. I thought we could all do comfort foods this year. So here's a list that could work:

-3 families can sign up for homemade soup, or (just let everybody think it's homemade soup.) -3 families sign up for sandwiches. -3 families sign up for salad. -3 families sign up for nice bread. -3 families sign up for vegetable/fruit trays. -And 3 families sign up for cheese balls and crackers.

I have an idea for Christmas cookies and candy, but I'd like to share that later. I'll provide coffee and cream, tea plates, plates, cups, and silverware. If some could bring instant chocolate packets that would be great. Some of us might have to sign up for a couple of things. So please start posting so we can all know who wants to bring what. Let me know what you think. (I'll make homemade Mexican chicken soup). One family down two more to go.

Love, Elvia

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom I will sign up for soup but will youmake it for me? feel free to make what ever you would like!thanks your son David James Grimsley.

mark said...

does lumpia count as bread? Cathi and I will be sure to sign up for something else too

The Nate said...

Haha Mark, I say lumpia DOES count as bread mark, but it only counts as a fourth the amount of bread so you have to make four times the ammount as usual! David, Moms already making Caldo so your soup can be....some Round Table Pizzas!

Connie said...

I will make some potatoe soup or clam chowder and I can bring some bread.
Connie

Alli said...

Craven fam will also sign up for a soup and a dessert.

caroline said...

Koontz - sandwiches.

Heather Hearn said...

David said he's bringing the mashed potatoes.

Issac Elias said...

The Arismendez Family will bring a salad and hot chocolate.

aunt_maria said...

Hi Elvia,

This sounds wonderful. Put me down for some bread and a fruit platter. I look forward to seeing everyone :)

Anonymous said...

Did the exact time get determined, can I put in a vote for 7 pm? Thanks.
Caroline